[PD] pix_multiblob cpu usage

nosehair911 at bellsouth.net nosehair911 at bellsouth.net
Mon May 14 15:39:29 CEST 2007

Can anyone running a linux and win32 box try to run this example and see if it completely drains you
of CPU.  I have tried it with 3 macs and I can't seem to do much more in PD.  Also does anyone know
of a less cpu intensive way to track objects in PD using a mac like pix_multiblob does. I would like to
track at least 20 objects.  My project is dead unless I figure out a better way.
Thanks,
Alain

> From: <nosehair911 at bellsouth.net>
> Date: 2007/05/11 Fri PM 03:24:20 EDT
> To: <pd-list at iem.at>
> Subject: [PD] pix_multiblob cpu usage
>
> I made a 400x300 motion JPEG-a movie 15 fps with 5 solid blue circles moving on a black
background
> to test pix_mutiblob. I open it up with pix_film, flip it with pix_flip and send it to pix_multiblob.  I
suddenly
> notices PD getting very, very slow.  When I look at the cpu usage in activity monitor (if you can
believe
> activity monitor) I get 100-104% cpu usage.  I cant do anything else in PD because PD gets so slow.
> am using a dual 2Ghz G5 with ATI Radeon 9800 XT and 3GB of internal memory.  Is this normal?
What