[PD] mp3cast~ low latency

Peter Plessas plessas at mur.at
Mon May 14 18:52:10 CEST 2007

Hi Richard,

if the two machines are on the same LAN, have a look at netjack:
http://netjack.sourceforge.net/

you are casting from one patch to an icecast server (running on the same
machine) and then receiving it from another?

Perhaps direct peer2peer streaming could reduce the latency? Yves has
one mp3live~ object, as far as i recall:
http://ydegoyon.free.fr/software.html

I remember a talk on LAC2006 about LDAS:
http://lac.zkm.de/2006/proceedings.shtml#saebo_svensson

hope that helps a bit.

lgPP