[PD] is PD working well with windows vista?

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Mon May 14 20:03:35 CEST 2007

On May 14, 2007, at 3:59 AM, Roman Haefeli wrote:

> On Sun, 2007-05-13 at 23:58 +0200, Ramirez Hugo Francisco wrote:
>> Dear PD fellows.
>> I haven´t write in a long time.
>> Because my laptop is no longer with me.
>> I want to buy a new machine, and most of them bring windows vista.
>> unluckily.
>> I need that OS because of work (unfournately) , but i need to play
>> some time to
>> time with the beloved PD. So is possible to install it inside
>> widows vista and
>> the many version that comes with (home, home pro, businness, bla bla)
>
> hello
>
> if you buy a computer with vista anyway, you are the one, who will
> know,
> if pd works on it. it would be nice, if you could report your
> experience, when you tried pd on it.
> i never had vista under my fingers yet, so i can't tell you anything
> whether pd is working or not.

Vista puts a lot of needless restrictions on media editing and
playback, so from what I have heard, it's not really the best
platform for working with video and audio.  It seems to be tailored
to DRM'ed media consumers at the expense of media producers.

But report back and let us know what works.

.hc