[PD] teaching PD at a distance

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Mon May 14 20:14:01 CEST 2007

My bro and I wrote serendiPd a few years ago with the idea of working
on the same patch together at the same time.  It works as a proof-of-
concept, and with some more work, it might be a usable tool:

http://at.or.at/serendipd/

The tricky part that needs to be worked out is controlled who can
edit at a given moment.

.hc

On May 14, 2007, at 12:04 PM, darsha hewitt wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> Anyone here ever teach pd or other FOSS programmes remotely?
> Aalex and I are working on a pilot project with two artist-run
> centres in Canada to see what works best for teaching pd at a
> distance.
>
> We have had one in person session with the students (who are mainly
> visual artists) and we are now under way with the remote part of it
> all.  We have set up an irc channel (#pd-prairies), a mailing list
> (pd-prairies at lists.artengine.ca )and we are having them contribute
> to a wiki (all of which they seem relatively to be comfortable with).
>
> Anyone here ever use any FOSS software to facilitate teaching/
> learning at a distance?  We turned to skype for the first remote
> session but obviously ran into issues with the we visual side of
> things (we ended up sounding like robots when the web cam was in
> use so in the end we only used voice...collective blind patching is
> an interesting experience ;-)
>
> We will be writing a report at the end of the project for those of
> you who are interested.
>
> Kindly,
>
> Darsha
>

> --