[PD] Sending data from PD to another program

Jared linux at fridaythang.com
Tue May 15 00:03:14 CEST 2007

David,

Thanks again for your help with the multiple path voting. Your patches
have been extremely useful. I was hoping to pick your brain on one or
two things.

I did have a question concerning looking ahead. With your patches (node
and tree) is there any way to see future the children of nodes? I've
very successfully used your patch with gem's ability to display text to
have the name of a node displayed in a gem window by passing [r master]
to the text display patch.

What I'd like to also do is have the text display the voting choices.
That is, at node dolphin the patch would display octopus and lobster.

Is that information accessible, or am I out of luck?

As a side note, is there any way to give nodes names with spaces? I've
been using underscores (node_name) which works well but is a little ugly.

Thanks again for all your help,
-Jared