[PD] Highlight modified abstraction instances with red

Steffen stffn at dibidut.dk
Wed May 16 10:20:10 CEST 2007

On 15/05/2007, at 20.57, Frank Barknecht wrote:

> a new filetype: *.pdt which is a tar-archive that gets unpacked by Pd
> when loading, and gets packed by Pd when saving a file as *.pdt

Should it
- be unpacked by Pd into a /tmp folder or into a folder next to
file.pdt or something else, like only virtually be unpacked?
- include externals/binary file? (I think that would be a mess due to
different platforms)
- take care of the start up options you did or the preferences you've
set or add declares or something likewise to make sure it runs
smoothly wrt. loading especially externals used.
- "flatspace" anything in the *.pdt file that is used in the mother-
patch that is saved as *.pdt and handle name classes by adding a
prefix or something more appropriate?

Well, while I'm not a programmer and am not the one going to
implement it I still think it's not as straight forward as manually
doing it. Or carefully pack things up in a tar ball and use [declare]
to load a ./local abstraction-lib if needed be. Or just writing a
proper Readme.txt file.

my 2 cent.

Happy hacking.