[PD] Looping samples with tabread4~

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Wed May 16 23:08:27 CEST 2007

Hallo,
Mikael Gunnerås hat gesagt: // Mikael Gunnerås wrote:

> My ideas have been:
> 1.	Should I try generating the sample clock driver using two
> phasor~ objects where one phasor~ handles sample-start ‘til loop-end and
> let the other one (loop-start ‘til loop-end) kick in once the first one
> has completed it’s first and single run.
> 2.	Perhaps using a vline~ for the first part instead of a phasor~
> 3.	Simply using one phasor~ object and offsetting the start value
> of it’s second cycle to the loop-start position
> 4.	Simply using a vline~ object and “loop it” with a different
> start position the second time onwards.

I'd simply do 4).

With a phasor~ it will be harder to get the starting time of the
sample-playing correct, as the phase-inlet of phasor~ is
block-quantized, and starting to play a sample exactly in time often
is important.

I attached a slightly unfinished alternate version of [play-samp~]
from RTC-lib that lets you set a starting position to play a sample.
This is just as an example.

Ciao