[PD] fonts on GNU/Linux

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Thu May 17 03:49:59 CEST 2007

Has anyone been able to get the DejaVu font to work with Pd-extended
on GNU/Linux?  I just switched the default font to Bitstream Vera,
which comes with GNOME and maybe KDE.  I can't get that to work either.

I was just testing today on Ubuntu Edgy 6.10 and yesterday on Debian
etch 4.0.

(hint: the easy way to spot Bitstream Vera/DejaVu is the bottom of
the lowercase l curves to the right in a big way).

----

Terrorism is not an enemy.  It cannot be defeated.  It's a tactic.
expect we're going to win that war.  We're not going to win the war
on terrorism.        - retired U.S. Army general, William Odom