[PD] fixing distortion on surface

chris clepper cgclepper at gmail.com
Thu May 17 05:31:35 CEST 2007

If you have accurately measured the distortion you can correct it by
rendering the entire scene offscreen then mapping it onto corrected
geometry.  You could also do it by sight with less exact results.

I have seen this done perfectly once for a hemispherical projection system
designed for DoD weapons simulations.  The guys who made the system are/were
some of the top optics engineers in the world, so they made it look easy.