[PD] [SPAM?] [LOW] fixing distortion on surface

Tim Boykett tim at timesup.org
Thu May 17 12:01:39 CEST 2007

We used one approach for SPIN:

http://www.timesup.org/spin

where we did "render to texture" of the image we wanted
to be seen, then placed this texture on a model of the screen
and "filmed" it from a camera placed where the projector was.

in 2000, when we did this, it was only possible to do this sort of
thing on consumer grade PCs using DirectX, so we had to go down that
path.
I think this is now doable in general OpenGL stuff, but no idea how.
The latest version of software for SPIN was made in VVVV, so it
would be probably relatively easy to modify their code for some
other surface.

I make it sound a bit trivial, but it isn't quite. But it is also
a lot easier than it was originally for us.

Tim