[PD] Looping samples with tabread4~

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Thu May 17 14:41:52 CEST 2007

Hallo,
Frank Barknecht hat gesagt: // Frank Barknecht wrote:

> > One solution for reproducing a sample with a signal pitch input without
> > using a phasor is:
> >
> > (input pitch ~)
> > |
> > [rpole 1]
> > |
> > [tabread4~]
> >
> > (sending a [clear( to the rpole when starting playing)
>
> Puh, wouldn't [rpole~ 1] maybe be dangerous? Anyway I don't see any
> advantage in rpole~ over phasor~.

Ah, now I see that you probably mean rpole~ as a vline~ replacement,
not as one for phasor~.  Yes, that would be interesting, however one
needs to adjust to possibly different sample rates between the sample
file and Pd, for example if you load a 44.1 kHz sample into a Pd
running with 48 kHz: The speed of the ramp would need to be
adjusted accordingly as rpole~ always advances with Pd's sample rate,
while for playing a 44.1 sample at normal speed you need to use a ramp
that advances with 44.1 kHz every sample.

Ciao