[PD] Vote your font! [was: fonts on GNU/Linux]

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Fri May 18 10:29:04 CEST 2007

though i like the appearance of the new font somehow, i clearly vote for
the (b)old font (and my girlfriend does vote for it as well, so we have
two votes from here).

it is far more readable than the normal font. personally, i care more
about the readability of the objects than of the text (though i think,
that even the text is better readable with the bold font). also, i find
it crude to change something, that has been there for years and and many
people are used to, without carefully asking opinions of others.

the fact, that many other applications do use normal fonts, doesn't
count for me, since most of them use a quite different font and do have
a quite different appearance from the pd-gui.

-> hcs:
i really appreciate your work on trying to make fonts appear similar on
every operatin system. but i think, these two things - same appearance
on each os and changing the weight - should be worked out separately, so
that nobody feels pretermitted.

my two cents:

[2] bold

roman