[PD] Vote your font! [was: fonts on GNU/Linux]

Chris McCormick chris at mccormick.cx
Fri May 18 20:26:45 CEST 2007

On Fri, May 18, 2007 at 08:17:34AM +0200, Frank Barknecht wrote:
> Hallo,
> > Many newbies think that Pd looks very strange.  Many people have
> > expressed gratitude for the switch to the normal weight font.
>
> Why not make a vote? Attached are two screenshots, one with Vera bold,
> one with Vera normal, both on Linux, both on pd-extended 0.40.
>
> Which do you prefer?
>
>  [ ] normal.png
>  [ ] bold.png

I vote for:

pd -font=[whatever font you like]

Failing that, I vote for it looking the way that we are used to seeing
it; courier 12 bold. I especially dislike the way Vera looks in these
screen shots. If you're going to use a font like that then I beg you to
make it anti-aliased and stop my eyeballs from doing backflips.

Best,

Chris.