[PD] Vote your font! [was: fonts on GNU/Linux]

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sat May 19 18:48:29 CEST 2007

Hallo,

> Since there is obviously some demand for bold fonts, I added a new
> flag that allows you to set the font weight from the command line or
> pd-settings file.  The flag is "-weight" and it expects either "bold"
> or "normal".

Thanks a lot for this. I couldn't test it yet, but this sounds like
the best solution for now, until Pd gets a really configurable GUI.

Also as my screenshots showed, bold and normal have practically the
same width and height, so the choice a user makes here shouldn't
affect patch layout. I'm just not too sure about the names of the
startup option(s). I think, in the end these options should be named
consistently, like for example this:

  -font-size (now: -font)
  -font-face (now: -typeface)
  -font-weight (now ... or tomorrow: -weight)

Ciao