[PD] Vote your font! [was: fonts on GNU/Linux]

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sun May 20 00:28:01 CEST 2007

Hallo,
Josh Steiner hat gesagt: // Josh Steiner wrote:

> > or "normal".  Also, for those who don't like Bitstream Vera Sans
> > Mono, there is the "-typeface" flag.  Should be in tomorrows auto-
> > builds.
> >

> won't this make the patches render at different sizes depending on your
> choice of font?  so now if i want to open frank's GOP patchs and have
> them render right i have to remember to turn on the bold flag, which
> then makes all my patches render wrong?

I think, bold and normal on Vera have about the same size (see
screenshots)

But of course different patch layouts are one effect of changes to the
font face. So far we had only one standard font, though with different
sizes on each OS. Now pd-extended introduced two more fonts: Deja and
Vera. But as I consider Miller's Pd to be the relevant version of Pd,
I won't adapt my abstractions until whatever change of fonts is
included there.

Ciao