[PD] In-file attachments (was Re: [PD-ot] attachments in thunderbird)

Kyle Klipowicz kyleklip at gmail.com
Tue May 22 06:11:17 CEST 2007

Hi Steffen~

I'm bringing this back on-list because I think it concerns a relevant topic.

Sometimes people send their patches as inline text so that it can be
copied and pasted into a text editor from the archives. Maybe this is
what you mean? (I'm not sure about the Thunderbird thing.) I think
though (correct me if I'm wrong) that the archives now support zip,
tar and pd files too.

Honestly, I'd appreciate it if everyone would just send their files as
*.pd or *.zip or *.tar.gz bundles. This is because I never know what
to name these things (usually something cruddy that makes sure that I
never look at it past the first sending).

In fact, I really have seen a lot of great Pd files distributed as
*.pd files or *.zip archives, that include help files too. This should
be STRONGLY encouraged as the DE FACTO Pd sharing method. It makes
referring to the patches so much easier, and using a help file keeps
the abstraction being demonstrated in a very modular form, ready to be
plopped into any of a users own creations without much work.

Just my opinion, of course.

~Kyle