[PD] Video grabber (and output) recommendations

Tim Boykett tim at timesup.org
Tue May 22 17:16:46 CEST 2007

Another question:

   we need video grabbers for some new productions. Any recommendations
would be great. We use mostly OSX machines, G4, G5 and probably soon
some of the new Intel machines. It would be good if the grabber was also
usable on a Debian or some other standard Linux distribution on
"standard" hardware.

   the other side of the question is perhaps harder. Previously we
have played
with VGA-to-Composite converters, but have never really been happy. Are
there any recommendations for ways to get a composite signal from a
machine easily and effectively?

Thanks in advance,

tim