[PD] [pd] switch object for non-audio processes

Claude Heiland-Allen claudiusmaximus at goto10.org
Fri May 25 04:12:13 CEST 2007

hard off wrote:
> [switch~] lets me turn off audio processing within a subpatch or
> abstraction, but is there a way to turn off all non-audio processing
> as well?

Would be good indeed to have a "pause" function to pause clocks (like
metro, delay, pipe, etc).

I don't think it exists, and I doubt it would be easy to do it in a way
similar to switch~ (ie, for each subpatch/abstraction).  I'd be happy
with a global "; pd pause 1" "; pd pause 0" message system.

Alternatively, there is "; pd quit", but that's a bit of a blunt
instrument... (it will however "turn off all processing") ;)

Claude
--
http://claudiusmaximus.goto10.org