[PD] basic composition tutorial

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sat May 26 19:14:51 CEST 2007

Hallo,
Andy Farnell hat gesagt: // Andy Farnell wrote:

> Any feedback on a new document would be nice. I've tried to provide
> an absolutely minimal elementary intro to making music with Pd. This
> is the first doc, which I did as a guide for a workshop in Bristol
> next month.
>
> http://www.obiwannabe.co.uk/html/music/musictuts/compose1/composition1/composition1.html

Very cool and really good for beginners as well. If your students
become a little bit advanced and want to sequence with the [list]
objects: Attached is a little variation of your sequencer. Sequencing
lists instead of your [select ...] chains has the advantage that you
can do funky modifications to your patterns on the fly. I illustrated
that by playing the pattern in reverse as well in the example.

> I'm using the new tool scripts for working in TeX, so thanks once again to all who
> helped me make those work.

You also did change the font position in the ps-printed patches,
right? Maybe this can go into Pd's sources directly, so that Pd would
automatically produce correctly positions fonts in boxes.

Ciao