[PD] subtractive synth - minimoog model

Josh Lawrence hardbop200 at gmail.com
Sun May 27 04:43:25 CEST 2007

hello all!

I was on this list some time back, but unsubscribed due to lack of
time to learn pd.  the time issue is a little better, so I have
resubscribed in the hopes of learning this app.

here's my question:  I really, really want a minimoog, but can't
afford one.  ;)  I think that building one in pd using ladspa plugins
(much like alsamodularsynth) would be a perfect way to dip my toe in
the shallow end of pd.  however, I can't figure out what to do once I
get pd opened.  I can add [plugin~ name.so], but I really don't know
what else to do.

incidentally, I found a nice minimoog synth on the web, but one thing
that I absolutely cannot stand with that and ams is the lack of
ability to retrigger a held note after another one is played (I think
this has been called the "trilogy trill" - make sense?).  this is a
must on an analog synth.

can anyone point me to some tutorials or give me some help with this?

--
Josh Lawrence
http://www.hardbop200.com