[PD] opencv motion tracker external HELP!

nosehair911 at bellsouth.net nosehair911 at bellsouth.net
Mon May 28 04:54:34 CEST 2007

The Gem stuff is complex and done by people who actually know what they are doing.  All I am trying
to do is port parts of an already made (and very,very simple to code) library to Pd.  I also have no
coding experience except for this project. I have never even seen C code before 2 weeks ago, but the
C code for opencv is easy enough for a noob like me to write an application that calls on those
libraries.  If you are interested check out my Tracker.cpp code.  The difficult part (for me) is turning that
code into something Pd can use.  Also since it would require that you compile and install opencv I
think it would be a pain for the enduser to be included inside Gem. I think most people that use Gem
are not interested in a blob tracker.  That is why I needed to write my own.  My goal is to use the
tracker output to control Geos in Gem using iemmatrix and other goodies.
BTW the algorithms for pix_multiblob are way, way over my head(seriously)!
Alain