[PD] subtractive synth - minimoog model

Chris McCormick chris at mccormick.cx
Mon May 28 05:08:19 CEST 2007

> On 5/27/07, Josh Lawrence <hardbop200 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >here's my question:  I really, really want a minimoog, but can't
> >afford one.  ;)  I think that building one in pd using ladspa plugins
> >(much like alsamodularsynth) would be a perfect way to dip my toe in
> >the shallow end of pd.  however, I can't figure out what to do once I
> >get pd opened.  I can add [plugin~ name.so], but I really don't know
> >what else to do.

Next you need to run oscillators into your filters. I suggest you check
out Miller's documentation as it clearly explains how Pd works and what
it's all about.

On Sun, May 27, 2007 at 03:54:46PM +0000, Nikola Jeremic wrote:
> i was doind some time ago a similar thing, and i would use more PD object
> and less LADSPA stuff. There is a nice moog~ filter allready in pd and i was
> writing oscilators in tables. u need  2 envelopes  (one 4 the filter and one
> for amp) and u are almost there :). i will try  to find  the  project next
> days and  send it 2 u.  by the way,  did u try bristol synth? there is
> minimoog there also.

There was a minimoog created in Pd once as part of a university course
somewhere.  It seemed pretty cool and you can control it with midi. I
don't have the link but I am pretty sure it's on the puredata plone
site somewhere.

For analogue sounding oscillators I highly recommend Roman's
blosc~ abstractions. They sound beautiful when filtered. Search the list
archives to find them.

Best,

Chris.