[PD] subtractive synth - minimoog model

mik mprims at skynet.be
Mon May 28 16:07:30 CEST 2007

Josh Lawrence schreef:
> hello all!
>
> I was on this list some time back, but unsubscribed due to lack of
> time to learn pd.  the time issue is a little better, so I have
> resubscribed in the hopes of learning this app.
>
> here's my question:  I really, really want a minimoog, but can't
> afford one.  ;)  I think that building one in pd using ladspa plugins
> (much like alsamodularsynth) would be a perfect way to dip my toe in
> the shallow end of pd.  however, I can't figure out what to do once I
> get pd opened.  I can add [plugin~ name.so], but I really don't know
> what else to do.
>
> incidentally, I found a nice minimoog synth on the web, but one thing
> that I absolutely cannot stand with that and ams is the lack of
> ability to retrigger a held note after another one is played (I think
> this has been called the "trilogy trill" - make sense?).  this is a
> must on an analog synth.
>
> can anyone point me to some tutorials or give me some help with this?

from tom erbe's blog:

"Mon Mar 21, 2005
MUSIC 171 - Best of Finals

There were some really fantastic final projects for Music 171 this year,
and I wanted to post what I thought were the best emulations. All of
these are pd patches.

Matthew Bielich's Arp Odyssey
http://music.ucsd.edu/~tre/BielichArpOdyssey.zip

Patrick Sanan's Minimoog
http://music.ucsd.edu/~tre/SananMiniMoog.zip

For those not in the class, these are the projects for the UCSD Computer
Music I class, the introductory computer music class which most take in
their 3rd year as an undergraduate. The assignment was to emulate either
a Minimoog, Arp Odyssey, SCI Pro-One or Oxford OSCar in either Max/MSP
or pd."

http://www.mprims.net