[PD] proposals for src/notes.txt

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Mon May 28 16:49:18 CEST 2007

Hallo,
Roman Haefeli hat gesagt: // Roman Haefeli wrote:

> but there are still things left, which i consider to be (even more)
> essential for pd and for which i strongly hope that they make it into
> src/notes.txt. here a short list, where i also try to explain, why i
> think, these issues are essential:

I think, you should just put these as feature requests into the Bug
Tracker. Then if someone (Miller, others) is looking for ideas to
improve Pd, one could just go through the tracker and take whatever
seems doable ATM.

> - [declare]: '-path' does affect only parent patch, not all patches
> i don't know, if this behaviour is intended (frank barknecht declared it
> to be a bug once).

I already added a bug report regarding declare, however not for the
behaviour you describe now. I don't necessarily think, that [declare]
instructions should dive down into abstractions that are used in a
patch. As I understand it [declare] is only applied for the current
patch or even canvas.

The bug I reported was, that declare doesn't work correctly when used
inside an abstraction.

Ciao