[PD] (no subject)

Kevin McCoy km.takewithyou at gmail.com
Mon May 28 16:58:19 CEST 2007

If you're just getting started with Pd, it might be a good idea to use the
[susloop~] external because it also allows for dynamic pitch shift, the math
for which can be tricky (though apparently someone just got it down on their
own recently if I recall from a previous post).  Are you using Pd-extended?
It has this object included by default in the bsaylor library.  Look into
the documentation, it's a really handy one, I have attached my GUI for it
which you can use by putting the attached file into your "extra" directory
and then typing "susloopgui~" to create the object.

As for intervals like 1/4, etc... use [key] or [keyname].  [key] will give
you the numeric keycode for a keyboard press; using [sel] you can then do
the appropriate math based on which key is pressed.  Again I don't know how
new you are to pd, but proficiency with sends and receives, hot and cold
inlets using trigger, etc will be really helpful in getting all to work
properly as far as the math goes.

For setting tempo, you will need to calculate the total length of the sample
and divide it accordingly.  With susloop~ you give it a beginning and end
point in samples (as in the actual pieces of data, not soundfiles), so you
could say that a quarternote at 120 BPM with a samplerate of 44100 samples
per second would be 22050 samples long, right?  Thus an eighth note is
11025, and so on with division.

The attached gui has the sliders implemented.  I hope that this helps a
little bit!

Good luck,
Kevin