[PD] proposals for src/notes.txt

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Mon May 28 18:57:05 CEST 2007

On Mon, 2007-05-28 at 16:49 +0200, Frank Barknecht wrote:
> Hallo,
> Roman Haefeli hat gesagt: // Roman Haefeli wrote:
>
> > but there are still things left, which i consider to be (even more)
> > essential for pd and for which i strongly hope that they make it into
> > src/notes.txt. here a short list, where i also try to explain, why i
> > think, these issues are essential:
>
> I think, you should just put these as feature requests into the Bug
> Tracker. Then if someone (Miller, others) is looking for ideas to
> improve Pd, one could just go through the tracker and take whatever
> seems doable ATM.

aha, ok. i'll do that. thanks for the hint.

> > - [declare]: '-path' does affect only parent patch, not all patches
> > i don't know, if this behaviour is intended (frank barknecht declared it
> > to be a bug once).
>
> I already added a bug report regarding declare, however not for the
> behaviour you describe now. I don't necessarily think, that [declare]
> instructions should dive down into abstractions that are used in a
> patch. As I understand it [declare] is only applied for the current
> patch or even canvas.
>
> The bug I reported was, that declare doesn't work correctly when used
> inside an abstraction.

hm... then obviously we misunderstood each other in the previous thread.
anyway, you found a bug and it is in the tracker now.
i hoped, that i can get rid of the startup options with [declare], so
that pd doesn't need additional flags for running netpd. but this means,
that it is not possible (or i need to add a [declare] in every patch and
every abs, which is a bit awkward).

roman