[PD] Behavoir of [keyup] in Linux

Atwood, Robert C r.atwood at imperial.ac.uk
Tue May 29 14:47:28 CEST 2007

 If it's coming from the X, can't you switch off autorepeat in the X ?
Granted, I cannot find the correct documentaiton as to how to do it at
the shell level, but the XkeyboardControl structure contains a flag to
set it off or on... So there must be a way... Like xset -r ?

            int auto_repeat_mode;/* AutoRepeatModeOff, AutoRepeatModeOn,
                                   AutoRepeatModeDefault */
       } XKeyboardControl;

Just a thought...

 It does not work on the computer where I am sitting but that may be
because I am logged in over the network using SSH on a PuTTy terminal
from a Windows machien, so nobody can figure out who's responsible for
the key repeats.