[PD] opencv motion tracker external HELP!

nosehair911 at bellsouth.net nosehair911 at bellsouth.net
Tue May 29 15:42:23 CEST 2007

Thanks for helping.  Well I basically have a rough sketch of all the objects but I am having a tough
time with the outlet system.  In a nutshell opencv uses an image structure called "typedef struct
_IplImage."  Acording to them "The structure IplImage came from Intel Image Processing Library
where the format is native."  I can give you more information about it if you need it.  My problem is
sending the result from IplImage to an outlet and being able to receive it from an inlet.  So far that is
my bigest hurdle.  I have this code:

IplImage *frame = 0;

x->x_outlet = outlet_new(&x->x_obj, &s_anything);
outlet_anything(x->x_outlet, frame);

Obviously with more stuff in the middle but I keep getting this error from the compiler:

error: cannot convert IplImage* to t_symbol for argument 2 to "void outlet_anything(_outlet*,
t_symbol*, int, t_atom*)

I still havent figured a way around this.  I am sure its easy but... Anyway Im trying to figure out the
outlet first before I tackle the inlet.  Any advise?
Alain