[PD] puredata evolution

shift8 shift8 at digitrash.com
Wed May 30 01:46:35 CEST 2007

it works, but you need to be able to recognize what additional
dependencies are needed for your machine, or code modifications for your
distro (different versions of gcc have different ideas of what
constitutes a build error, diferent versions of link-in external shared
libs are a big one too - generally this is ether discovered by through
examining compile-time errors and runtime errors...

it takes some work to get a functional build, but that is the nature of
deve code, especially dev code from source repositories under active
development.

the currently implemented features are very compelling if you can get
past the hurdles of getting a build, and all of the built-in objects are
functional so you can do some patching with it.

i'd say give it another try - good compelling and way to get knowledge
of gcc, linking, etc. etc. too.

the fine folks on #desiredata are very helpful for people attempting
builds.

regards -
star

--