[PD] puredata evolution

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Wed May 30 03:52:35 CEST 2007

That is a tough problem.  On a basic level, Pd is ready right now for
two processors since it uses two separate processes: pd and pd-gui.
But the pd process does the heavy lifting, so it's a bit uneven.

As for taking advantage of multiple cores, that is a lot more
complicated.  Max/MSP does have some support for threading
("Overdrive" mode), but it seems to me that it is a hack.  It does
work, but it often leads to programs that are very hard to debug
since it is difficult to handle the non-determinancy of the situation.

.hc