[PD] puredata evolution

shift8 shift8 at digitrash.com
Wed May 30 09:24:10 CEST 2007

hey chun - all true.  and i'm maybe not the best person to respond to
this one seeing as it's been months since my last dd test build but, not
that i've interjected :)

building pd can run into the same problems i described for building
desiredata because of various distro variances, i would guess (or that's
my memory playing tricks on me.  hey - it happens :)

i think my point is that compiling code from new source bases all share
the same basic issues, and if you want to be able to test out dd (or
self compile vanilla pd for that matter) you need to first figure out
the debugging methods for compiling under linux before bagging on dd.

there is always the possibility of the latest sources checked out of the
repo having errors accidental introduced that have not been fixed b4 the
developers submits the changes and the time that the code is checked
out, but are usually still things that you can work around if you learn
the build process.

even though the dd devs are ridiculously ninja skilled (one look at the
source of desire.c give a clue here :) it can still happen - just one of
the (albeit unlikely and mostly self resolving) pitfalls of
team-oriented development.  you can also just wait for a bit and try
again w/ a fresh checkout.

no offense meant and good luck!
star