[PD] PD i education

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Wed May 30 12:45:54 CEST 2007

Hallo,
Frank Barknecht hat gesagt: // Frank Barknecht wrote:

> When children learn how to read, at first they decipher words letter
> by letter: "c-a-t", "d-o-g", "e-l-e-p-h-a-n-t" etc.
>
> Adult people don't do this anymore, instead they immediatly recognize
> complete words or even phrases and sentences, youknowhaddamean?
>
> In Pd developing this kind of an eye for phrases, blocks, idioms or
> whatever you call them is just as important.

Quick addition: This also is the reason, why I rather try to avoid
using all the externals included in pd-extended in workshops. Actually
I'd prefer using only plain Miller-Pd there (which also is available
for OS-X 10.3, which many people still use). When learning to read,
you generally don't start with "Gravity's Rainbox" but rather with
"Dr. Seuss's ABC".

Ciao