[PD] Opencv & pd

nosehair911 at bellsouth.net nosehair911 at bellsouth.net
Wed May 30 15:17:22 CEST 2007

I dont know if you have ever used pix_multiblob before. This would be my first option and I already
had built a huge project using pix_multiblob before I realized that just tracking 5 blobs with
pix_multiblob on a G5 dual 2Ghz with a Radeon 9800 XT and 3 gig of ram it was using up 98-104
percent of my cpu on just tracking lone.  Try the pix_multiblob example.  The opencv app I built
running on a powerbook g4 1.5Ghz with 512mb of ram only uses 38-45 of my cpu with the same
movie.  In my project I am going to need to track at least 15 to 20 blobs if not more. You do the math.
The reason I want to build it into an external is for convenience and for the learning process.  If you
have any help to give I will be happy to learn from you.
Alain