[PD] future directions for threading in Pd (Was: Re: puredata evolution)

Phil Stone pkstone at ucdavis.edu
Wed May 30 22:39:38 CEST 2007

Heh.  I composed an email this morning proposing a less fine-grained,
manual approach to parallelism in Pd, perhaps at the subpatch level with
switch~/block~-like control.

I trashed the email, because I figured it was too much to hope for, and
I don't understand PD internals well enough to know it it's even feasible.

And now to hear it's being thought about in DD...this is so cool!  I
really hope it can happen.  Please keep us posted on any developments.

Phil