[PD] puredata evolution

Tim Blechmann tim at klingt.org
Thu May 31 11:41:31 CEST 2007

hi niklas,

i'm curious about your implementation:
- have you been doing some profiling of the scheduling overhead?
- which latency settings have you been using? it would be great to know
the worst-case response times of the locking synchronization ...

in general, the expressive power of dataflow languages in terms of
parallelism is really amazing, however neither pd nor nova are
general-purpose programming languages, but low-latency soft-realtime
audio programming languages, which makes a usable implementation rather
complex ...

cheers, tim