[PD] stand alone applications

Derek Holzer derek at umatic.nl
Thu May 31 14:11:20 CEST 2007

He actually asked if it could be done without installing PD. So
technically, no it's not possible, since the PD executables would need
to be distributed with the patch. On top of that, a pdsettings or pdrc
file would need to be sent (and installed properly) to use any externals
or other path-oriented stuff, if I understand how that's being done
these days.

The discussion in the archives (at least my part of it) was all about
how this standalone business is a relic of commercial software thinking.
Let's agree to both be correct ;-)

d.

--
derek holzer ::: http://www.umatic.nl ::: http://blog.myspace.com/macumbista