[PD] how to modify path in open message

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Thu May 31 19:49:50 CEST 2007

On Thu, 2007-05-31 at 19:17 +0200, tania habib wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have made the script for recording wave files using 16 channels.
> I am using writesf~ with the message open /Users/tania/Desktop/ch1.wav
> My question is that can there be a quick way of just changing one
> message box so that If I change the destination directory for files,
> it can be changed for all.

check the help-file for [makefilename]. with [makefilename] you can
merge two symbol messages (in your case path and filename) to one single
symbol message, that can be sent over a [open $1( message to
[writesf~].

maybe you are also interested in [openpanel]/[savepanel]. when banged,
they open a filebrowser and output the filename (with absolute path) as
a symbol message.

roman