[PD] stand alone applications

zmoelnig at iem.at zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu May 31 20:35:09 CEST 2007

Quoting Miguel Cardoso <mcardoso at soopa.org>:

> Hi Frank!
>
>> http://www.iua.upf.edu/~malonso/pdplugin/
>>

> I had seen that one before, but it doesn't seem to work... on windows
> it installs de plugin, but when I try the test examples they don't work.
> anyone on the pdlist has used them?
> is the plugin still being developed?
> From the info you sent me it seems that pdplugin is just a
> javascript plugin to connect to pd server, rather than having pd
> running on the client-side.

no its not.
the "barcelona" plugin is basicaly stripped down pd compiled into a
plugin (so it is exactly what you asked for)

there are 2 other approaches:
- controlling a pd server via a plugin (javascript, java,....) or
directly via xml-rpc; there are several sites out there that use this
(afaik gollum.artefacte has a pd/pdp/pidip streaming server; pd-radio
was of the second type)
- controlling a full-fledged local installation of pd via a plugin
(iem's iARS took that road)

mfg.asdr
IOhannes