[PD] puredata evolution

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Thu May 31 20:47:49 CEST 2007

Niklas Klügel wrote:

> about the issues of explicitely threading parts of the graph (that came
> up in the discussion lateron), i must say i don't get why you would want
> to do it.

Because it's cheaper to implement.

If well done, it's also an intermediate step towards automatic threading.
It's important to cut hard goals into easier goals, because it reduces
required investment and gives quicker returns.

Also, I wouldn't trust automatic threading to make use of the CPUs in the
best possible way all of the time, *especially* for real-time.