[PD] PD i education

Tom Erbe tre at music.ucsd.edu
Fri Jun 1 02:56:24 CEST 2007

We are nearing the end of our Music 172 (Computer Music II) class at
UCSD. I developed a few new PD patches to cover the main topics in
this course (sampling/looping, filters, granular techniques, spectral
techniques). The class blog is at

http://music.ucsd.edu/~tre/

As far as pros, it is really nice to show DSP algorithms in a graphic
programming language, and most common techniques can be explored.
Much better than when I used Csound to teach these things.

As for the cons, some things are difficult to show the class without
resorting to externals (time domain convolution for example) - and
more things (or everything) should be sample accurate (like metro,
vline and delay).

Tom