[PD] pdplugin on a browser

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Fri Jun 1 07:47:34 CEST 2007

Miguel Cardoso wrote:
> Hello IOhannes
>
> i tried to use pd-plugin from barcelona music technology group.
> on macintel I wasn't able to install the plugin.

so now it becomes interesting: you never mentioned that you are using a
macintel platform.

at least iARS (and i guess the same is true for the mtg plugin) has been
developed before macintel became an interesting platform.
i also think that both plugins have reached their final state before
macintel became an interesting platform.
furthermore they (again: at least iARS) are not actively maintained any
more (that's the unfortunate nature of so many universitary projects...)

nevertheless, i don't think that there are any reasons why shouldn't
"run" (compile) on macintel.

> on pc i installed the plugin, but the test files they provide on

i guess with "pc" you mean an intel/amd-equipped computer. is it running
linux, os-x or linux?

> their website don't work. am i missing something?

most likely this is an issue of their website. please contact their
site-administrator. (but again: as it is likely to be not actively
maintained any more, i wish you good luck here)

> also tried to find the iars plugin, but couldn't find it. not available?
> http://iem1.iaem.at/doku/iARS/
>

> resuming... i need some help finding the files and documentation to
> try this out :)

as written in my other mail, you can get the iARS plugin from iem's
sourceforge project (and there really should be a link to the sources
somewhere at the homepage; i'll investigate asap)
the mtg plugin is certainly available as source-code too.

so all you need is a compiler :-)

like mostly, the documentation will be the source code and some
(scientific) publications (hopefully available on the net)

hope this helps

mfg.asdr.
IOhannes