[PD] midi on OSX

Oded Ben-Tal oded at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Fri Jun 1 13:21:26 CEST 2007

I need help with I-Cube controllers under OSX. I am not a regular MAC user so
I somehow messed things a bit. I was able to install the I-Cube and using the
editor to set the controllers to pass midi messages into pd. It all worked
fine till yesterday.
Coming into my office today I found out that I lost PD on my MAC - When I
first installed it I didn't know I was supposed to copy the pd-extended thing
to my application folder so I guess it was installed but floating somewhere. I
must have removed the installed version yesterday by accident (probably when I
was trying to sort out the loading of additional libraries). So I installed PD
again and this time copied the app and the library loader to their correct
places.
The result is that PD doesn't get midi messages from the controller anymore.
(In addition it seems the old mac can't handle all these extra libraries - it
stopped responding a few times so I removed the full loader file. But that
didn't solve the midi problem).
I am using a G4 Mac OS X 10.4.9
Any suggestions how to locate the problem and fix it?
Thanks
Oded