[PD] [half-OT] corrupt movie-files (was:pix_record frames per second and again cpu-performance)

moritz erstens at gmx.ch
Fri Jun 1 15:18:48 CEST 2007

Roman Haefeli wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-05-31 at 20:41 +0200, zmoelnig at iem.at wrote:
>> Quoting moritz <erstens at gmx.ch>:
>>
>>> hello list
>>>
>>> two questions about pix_record:
>>>
>>> i render out some movieclips with pix_record. the Gem-render is 15
>>> frames per second, but when i play it with mplayer it says it plays 20
>>> frames per second. I have to force mplayer to play it 15 frames per
>>> second. can i give pix_record an argument that it should only record 15
>>> fps? or is it just an mplayer affair?
>> no it is a Gem bug which writes movies with a hardcoded framerate of "20".
>> until this is fixed, you will have to convert the missinformed movie
>> into a well-informed one manually. (since this shouldn't be a problem,
>> fixing it is not very high on the todo list)
>
> ciao momo
>
> mencoder -ovc copy -oac copy -ofps <desired_framerate> -of lavf
> -lavfopts
> format=mov,i_certify_that_my_video_stream_does_not_use_b_frames -o
> output.mov input.mov
>
> might fix your problem (might!)
>
> roman

thanks

another little (half-OT) question:
some mov files i rendering plays well, others are unplayable with
different players/editors on different OS-plattforms, and even i cannot
convert them. but these "corrupt" movs shows realistic megabytes..
anyone knows how to fix them? Maybe its "just" a corrupt header.
i render the Gemwindow with 640x480 size with dv-pal codec under Ubuntu.
(libquicktime?)

cheers