[PD] Try my Digital Waveguide Synthesis patches!

Kim Taylor kimoni at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 16:32:22 CEST 2007

Hello all,
I've found this board very useful while doing my university project, I
thought I'd show you what I've done with Pd. Any feedback at all would
be really useful at this stage in the project. It'd also be nice to
get some comments from you Pd guru's on how I've put it together.

See attachment, or failing that
http://www-users.york.ac.uk/~kt503/3yp/KimsWaveguides.zip

My project is based on Digital Waveguide Synthesis (a type of physical
modelling synthesis) which works principally on delay lines and
feedback networks. My goal was to create a set of objects with which a
user could build various types of plucked string models- essentially a
basic modular framework.

There are a few pre-made patch demos in the object set which you can
load up and fiddle with instantly, which should sound plucked and
string-like: check out 'demo1.pd', or 'demo2.pd'. Sliders and number
boxes affect sound, and I hope it is obvious what they represent. I
suggest try changing delay lengths, input/output positions, playing
with different excitations (click excitation) or scattering
impedances.

For a quick guide to the theory have a glance at the readme. I haven't
gone into great depth because I doubt there will be too many
interested in it, but if you want to know more about how to use the
objects, let me know and I'll try and explain it better.

Cheers!
Kim

--
Kim Taylor