[PD] [OT] Voice Synth

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Sat Jun 2 11:53:21 CEST 2007

On Sat, 2007-06-02 at 10:15 +0200, Frank Barknecht wrote:
> Hallo,
> Claude Heiland-Allen hat gesagt: // Claude Heiland-Allen wrote:
>
> > There is an external for Festival Lite - think it's called flite; was
> > tricky to compile the last time I used it; it renders sentences to audio
> > in tables iirc - was a while ago I tried it.  I think pd-radio used it
> > too, but I could be wrong...
>
> There also is ratts, which is very cool.

i found the external in:

<pd-cvs>/abstractions/rradical/instruments/speakerboxx/ratts.pd_linux

but i couldn't find a help file. also when i create it, i get the
message:

ratts: Realtime Analog Text-To-Speech externals v0.04 by Bryan Jurish
ratts: Based on text-to-speech code by Nick Ing-Simmons and Jon Iles
ratts: and PD external code by Orm Finnendahl and Travis Newhouse

but the object doesn't get any inlets nor outlets. maybe you can tell us
a bit more about this external?