[PD] loading wav.samples with readsf

tania habib taniahabib at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 12:14:50 CEST 2007

hello sebastian,
>>i`ve been trying to play wav.samples using the "readsf"-object but don`t
have no luck
>>"error: readsf: start requested with no prior 'open'
>>... you might be able to track this down from the Find menu."

you need to click on the open message first before readsf~ , this will take
care of the error
(One more thing, make sure the path name for the file is correct in the open
box)

>>+ i couldn`t put the wav.files into the sound-folder of pd - using a mac
with `PD-0.39-0` i can see the pd-folders only via "help > browser" - but
can not paste >>something here...

When you click on help there are two options there,
one is html and the other is browser.
If you just want to open the files, then click on browser but for putting
files in you need to use the html option.
In  mac case, it most probably open the safari, it open with this path.

file:///Applications/Pd-0.40.2-extended-2007-05-23.app
/Contents/Resources/doc/1.manual/index.htm
just remove /doc/1.manual/index.htm from the address this will open another
another folder, now you can add or delete files!

I hope this will solve your problems,
regards,
tania