[PD] loading wav.samples with readsf

robbert van hulzen robbert at performers.net
Sun Jun 3 13:12:29 CEST 2007

sebastian1981 at gmx.net wrote:

> i`ve been trying to play wav.samples using the "readsf"-object but don`t have
> no luck
> "error: readsf: start requested with no prior 'open'
> ... you might be able to track this down from the Find menu."
>
> maybe its due to my message-box "open"!?

you'll have to specify the file (incl path):

[open path/sound.aif(

[readsf~]

and then by sending 1 and 0 to [readsf~] you can start and stop playback.
note that you have to [open path/sound.aif( every time before you play. (all
this is in the help file as well.)

> + i couldn`t put the wav.files into the sound-folder of pd - using a mac with
> `PD-0.39-0` i can see the pd-folders only via "help > browser" - but can not
> paste something here...

ctrl-select the app and click 'open package content' and all your questions
will be answered ... ;)
but do you really want your sound files to be in your pd folder? you'll have
to install new versions with great care in case you start adding your own
stuff there. you can put them anywhere you like, and specify their location
in the [open( msg.

good luck.
cheers, robbert