[PD] loading wav.samples with readsf

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sun Jun 3 13:22:25 CEST 2007

Hallo,
sebastian1981 at gmx.net hat gesagt: // sebastian1981 at gmx.net wrote:

> i`ve been trying to play wav.samples using the "readsf"-object but don`t have no luck
> "error: readsf: start requested with no prior 'open'
> ... you might be able to track this down from the Find menu."
>
> maybe its due to my message-box "open"!?

Well, what's in this message box?

Generally, [readsf~] always needs a new "open whateverfile.wav"
message before you can start playing again with sending another "1" to
it.

What I often do is put a [symbol] box in front of my "open $1"
message and after the [openpanel], which I can bang to get the symbol out again for replay. Like this:

 [bang(

 [openpanel]

 | [bang( <= click to reopen selected file
 |/
 [symbol]

 [open $1(

 [readsf~]

You can also just trigger the open-message automatically by just
adding a "1" after the open message seperated with a comma:

  [open $1, 1(

  [readsf~]

However with large files opening might take a while, so this direct
playing after opening might not always be a good idea.

Ciao