[PD] Latest Pd-extended experiences (zexy)

David Powers cyborgk at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 17:25:03 CEST 2007

Perhaps it's a matter of missing documentation? I don't think, that
discussing something on a mailing list counts as "documentation".
There is a readme file that loads up when I install Pd-extended, I
would expect such a file to tell me of the kind of changes that will
totally break my work when I upgrade. Perhaps just a big BOLD notice
telling users to check in flatspace folder for missing externals.

I guess I missed all this discussion you refer to, but if I read this
list when I am in the middle of workday coding bad PHP or Ajax, I'm
not so likely to remember some things. In fact, the only thing I knew
about was counter, I had no idea about the random stuff and no
recollection of ever seeing this discussion. I guess that's weird,
maybe I'm getting old and forgetting everything... ;-)

I guess I didn't realize how much was moving to flatspace, the
discussion made me think it was things I didn't really use and not a
very large amount of externals. Now that I've looked in that folder I
see what you are talking about!!!

Anyway in this case I rebuilt the externals as abstractions, which
wasn't so hard. The randomF I posted was missing a loadbang though, so
attached is the corrected one for posterity's sake...

~David

Anyway I missed a loadbang in my last patch, so here are the

~David