[PD] Latest Pd-extended experiences (zexy)

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sun Jun 3 18:11:23 CEST 2007

Hallo,
David Powers hat gesagt: // David Powers wrote:

> Perhaps it's a matter of missing documentation? I don't think, that
> discussing something on a mailing list counts as "documentation".
> There is a readme file that loads up when I install Pd-extended, I
> would expect such a file to tell me of the kind of changes that will
> totally break my work when I upgrade.

Definitely. However I wouldn't really count on this to be in the
general pd-extended README, as I guess it's impossible for Hans to
follow all changes in all libraries: there are too many of them.

> Anyway in this case I rebuilt the externals as abstractions, which
> wasn't so hard. The randomF I posted was missing a loadbang though, so
> attached is the corrected one for posterity's sake...

Generally I think, building simple things like randomF or demux with
Pd builtins is better in the long run than relying on externals, that
might not always be available. You can replace demux with

  [list prepend 0]

  [route 0 1 2 ...]

Ciao